Fantastic File Name for WooCommerce is a Plugin which is an extension for WooCommerce Plugin. Those who are using WooCommerce Plugin to sell digital products on their WordPress sites would have noticed that by default WooCommerce doesn’t show the exact file name for the members in their My Account Page’s “Available Downloads” section. When you are selling multiple files (say each file is a small product) as a single product, the members see these multiple files as File 1, File 2, File 3 etc in their My Account Page’s “Available Downloads”. Imagine if you are selling say 50 different files (products) as a single product, it will be uncomfortable for the members especially when they want to download and test a particular product. They will have to download each file and see if that is the product they want to test based on the file name. If not repeat the procedure with the next file which is very cumbersome. Fantastic File Name for WooCommerce solves this problem by displaying the exact file names in brackets next to File 1, File 2, File 3 etc.
- Automatically Show the File Name in WooCommerce My Account Page’s “Available Downloads”.
- By Default My Account Page’s “Available Downloads” shows
- Product Name -> File 1
- Product Name -> File 2
- When Fantastic File Name for WooCommerce Plugin is Activated then My Account Page’s “Available Downloads” shows
- Product Name -> File 1 (fantasticcopyright.zip)
- Product Name -> File 2 (fantasticfacebooksend.zip)
- Works out of the box.
- Option in Settings Page to ON/OFF the Show File Name in My Account Page’s “Available Downloads”.
- Gives Error Message when WooCommerce Plugin is not activated.
- It Works Automatically when the Plugin is activated.
- Display File Name in “Available Downloads” of My Account Page.
- Works with all WooCommerce supported Premium Themes as well as Free Themes.
- Options in the Settings Page to ON/OFF to Show File Name in My Account Page. This can be used to turn OFF the Plugin instead of Deactivating or Uninstalling the Plugin.
- Tested in top Browsers and WooCommerce supported Themes.
- Simple and Easy to Use.
- Error Message if the WooCommerce Plugin is not activated.
How To Install:
There are two ways to install the Plugin. One is the Automatic Installation and another is the Manual Installation.
- Automatic Installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers and you don’t even have to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Fantastic File Name for WooCommerce log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to: Plugins -> Add New.
- In the “Upload” field browse Plugin zip folder “fantasticfilenameforwoocommerce.zip” and click upload. You can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked to Activate Plugin or Return to Plugins Page. Click Activate Plugin and the installation willautomatically complete.
- Unzip the Plugin zip file (“fantasticfilenameforwoocommerce.zip”).
- Using an FTP program or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped Plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins directory.
- Go to WooCommerce -> Fantastic File Name
- The Plugin works once you click “Activate”.
The minimum Server Requirements and the WooCommerce Requirements are as follows
- PHP 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL 5.0 or greater
- WooCommerce – WC2.0+
Fantastic File Name For WooCommerce works fine with all top browsers such as IE8.0 +, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, Opera etc.
Fantastic File Name For WooCommerce works fine with all the themes that are supported by WooCommerce.
After installing the Fantastic File Name For WooCommerce Plugin you can see the following
Go to WooCommerce -> Fantastic File Name
Fantastic File Name Settings Page looks as follows
Once Fantastic File Name For WooCommerce is Activated and Display File Name in My Account’s Available Downloads option is checked on as shown above then the My Account Page’s Available Downloads shows the file name as below
Uncheck the Display File Name in My Account Page’s Available Downloads. This option can be used to turn OFF this Plugin without Deactivating or Uninstalling it.
My Account Page’s Available Downloads displays as follows which is the default WooCommerce way of showing the My Account Page’s Available Downloads